Edited by Julius Few
Publication Date: March 2018
Innovative strategies for artfully blending aesthetic techniques to maximize results
The Art of Combining Surgical and Nonsurgical Techniques in Aesthetic Medicine by Julius W. Few Jr. reflects multidisciplinary contributions from renowned practitioners in plastic surgery, dermatology, oculoplastics, and facial plastic surgery. This is the first book to specifically discuss minimally-invasive aesthetic techniques for the face and body and how to strategically combine them, both with and without surgery. The text is rooted in evidence-based scientific principles and sound clinical applications, with the goal of helping aesthetic practitioners attain more favorable and longer-lasting results.
Fifteen comprehensive chapters reflect the visionary beliefs of top experts in cosmetic medicine. Each topic is discussed by clinicians who have developed innovative approaches that will revolutionize the field. The book lays a solid foundation with opening chapters on concepts of beauty and nonsurgical facial rejuvenation in traditional surgical candidates. Subsequent chapters discuss innovative, combined approaches for both the face and body.
- Blending and sequencing of techniques, and diverse skin type considerations
- A wide array of modalities — from noninvasive devices, microneedling and platelet-rich plasma, and light- and energy-based therapies — to surgical interventions
- Practical, real-life case studies throughout
- More than 200 detailed photos and colorful illustrations detail anatomy and approaches
- Technical videos available online demonstrate techniques in depth
- Special emphasis on how to avoid and treat complications
This must-have resource masterfully guides novice and veteran clinicians alike on the thoughtful use of combined state-of-the-art techniques to achieve optimal outcomes. It will help plastic surgeons, facial plastic surgeons, dermatologists, and dermatologic surgeons reduce recovery time and enhance results in their patients.
Julius W. Few Jr., MD, is Director, The Few Institute for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, and Clinical Professor, Department of Surgery, Division of Plastic Surgery, University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine; and Health Science Clinician, Division of Plastic Surgery, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, USA.