Edited by Nikolay Serdev
Published: December 19th 2018
Out of stock
Notify me when back in stock
The aim of this book is to ensure a safe understanding and use of botulinum toxin in medicine. Known indications, contraindications, diversity, comparative effects between subtypes, limits, allergies, treatments, adverse reactions, nonresponsiveness, and new investigations will be described.
Botulinum toxin can be currently used in nearly every specialty. The main areas in this book are cosmetics and dermatology, as well as dentistry, urology, masseter hypertrophy, chronic pain treatment, and others.
The important aim is formation of the knowledge of anatomy, muscles to be treated and their function, risk factors, brand names, associations with operations, and other treatments.
1. Botulinum Toxins, Diversity, Mode of Action, Epidemiology of Botulism in France
By Michel R. Popoff
2. Botulinum Toxin Adverse Events
By Raffaela Pero, Sonia Laneri and Giovanna Fico
3. Experimental Comparative Effects of Botulinum Toxin A between Subtypes A1 and A2 in Movement Disorders in Rats
By Tomoko Kohda, Yasushi Torii and Hidemitsu Nakajima
4. Adjuvant Botulinum Toxin Harmonisation in Minimally Invasive Facial Aesthetic Surgery
By Chedly Bouzouaya and Ronald Feiner
5. Masseter Hypertrophy: Toxin Treatment Techniques, Causes of Complications, and Prevention
By Hsien-Li Peter Peng
6. Botulinum Toxin in Dentistry
By Diana Mostafa
7. Botulinum Toxin for the Treatment of Chronic Migraines
By Alberto Jaime Kalach-Mussali and Daniel Mondlak Algazi
8. Urological Applications of Botulinum Toxin A
By Said M. Yaiesh, Meshari F. Almutairi, Abdullatif E. Al-Terki and Tariq F. Al-Shaiji